Saturday, July 6, 2013

PM'S TOP FIVE: Napoleon Perdis Colour Discs Eyeshadows

This edition of PM's TOP FIVE covers Napoleon Perdis Colour Discs. I am a huge fan of these eyeshadows and have quite a large collection! (I will get around to swatching them eventually! lol). NP (Napoleon Perdis) eyeshadows are generally more consistent, with colours being highly pigmented, easily blendable, and nice to use. I generally find them better than a lot of MAC ones, which in my experience can be hit or miss (maybe that's mostly because I've used LE/Mineralize ones). The NP colour discs come in a clear plastic compact and have a little mirror under the lid. While the mirror adds glam, I do find it a bit pointless as you can't really see much with it - I have never used them (could be handy on the go I guess?).

Anyway, here are my top five eyeshadow picks!:

My Napoleon Perdis Top 5 Eye Shadows
Top (L-R): Amazon Jungle, All That Shiraz
Middle: Violet #14
Bottom (L-R): Queen of the Night, Green Living

(L-R): Amazon Jungle, All That Shiraz, Green Living, Queen of the Night, Violet #14

Amazon Jungle: A matte nudey-peach with a touch of sparkle (you can see glitter in the pan but luckily it doesn't really translate). A great colour for blending in the crease! It looks a bit unexciting in the pan, but goes on really nice! It was actually used on me by one of the NP makeup artists when I had my makeup done one day and I really liked it! It was used in conjunction with Premium Denim (Navy) and Jaded Genie (Green) and looked fantastic! I am glad it got used on me because it's not one I would have picked by choice. It would also double as a nice blush if need be!

All That Shiraz: This colour I only picked up a few weeks ago but it has already cemented its place as one of my favourites. It is a shimmering wine colour (hence the name I guess) with brown undertones. It leans more brown when blended out so it makes a nice everyday colour that is interesting and great with green eyes.

Green Living: A nice warm mid-brown with a gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't as strong out of the pan but it's still got a nice warmth about it! If you wear browns this is a good go-to! A good brown to add a touch of glam to your everyday look.

Queen of the Night: A really intense matte black that doesn’t give you the fallout that other blacks usually do! It doesn’t take a lot of effort to layer it up to a really nice black. It also makes for a fabulous smoky eye with MAC’s Blackground Paint Pot! It was actually a bit dry to swatch, and does look a little more patchy than I was expecting. However, credit to Napoleon, QOTN and Violet were the same consistency.
Violet #14: This is an old school colour disc from before NP changed all their eyeshadow packaging. I feel a bit bad for including it (because you can't get it anymore unless it pops up in a sale) but this is seriously one of my faves! It is a really nice, deep matte purple (when NP updated their range, they seemed to drop most of their mattes and there is only a handful available now). It doesn't look super purple when blended out, but it makes my green eyes pop too. If you have green eyes, I definitely recommend you try and find something similar (if I ever stumble across something I will be sure to put it in a dupe test!). I have worn it with black and nude shadows on my lid and it looks really good!!

NP Colour Discs retail for $29 for 2.5gms (not too bad value wise) and can be purchased from www.napoleonperdis.com, or from David Jones stores and selected chemists/salons.

Do you use Napoleon Perdis eye shadows? If so, what is your favourite colour?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment