Sunday, July 7, 2013

DUPE TEST: MAC Royal Sunset vs Illamasqua Tremble

Good evening,
While I'm still on my blogging roll (this is post #6 for today!), I thought I would treat you all to another dupe test. I'll have a break from lipstick and focus on blush!

This edition puts MAC's Royal Sunset against Illamasqua's Tremble. Royal Sunset was released with MAC's All About Orange Collection and was one of the first items to sell out! As soon as I had seen swatches of it, I instantly thought of Illamasqua's Tremble. Illamasqua's Tremble is one of my favourite blushes and was featured in my Illamasqua Top Five.

Tremble (Left) and Royal Sunset (Right)

Tremble (Left) and Royal Sunset (Right)
Royal Sunset is described as a soft cool peach and Tremble is described as soft lilac pink. I don't know where the lilac really comes into it, but Tremble is certainly alot more pinker than Royal Sunset. Royal Sunset looks like a pale pink blush in comparison. Definitely cool but don't really know where the peach is hiding (it's very faint!).

Size:
Illamasqua: 4.5 grams
MAC: 6 grams

Price:
Illamasqua: AUD $26
MAC: AUD $41

The Illamasqua is better value both in initial outlay and cost per gram ($5.78/g vs $6.83/g).
VERDICT: Not as close I was expecting. If you are not that fussy and want a really good versatile blush, Illamasqua Tremble would be a great substitute.
Are there any other blush dupes that you know of?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment