Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SWATCH FEST: Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess Lipsticks

Hello,


I thought I would follow up from my Lime Crime Lipstick Collection and post my Napoleon Perdis one, as I know some of you are curious for swatches (plus, they are extremely hard to find on the net so if you stumble across this, I hope this helps for your choosing!).


I have 10 NP lipsticks, but only 6 are currently listed on the website. (I know one old one was a GWP, but I'm sure you would be able to get the other 3 from a NP stockist if you were that keen on getting them!).


I'll start with product stats:
Weight: 4.2gms (very generous for a lipstick!)
Price: AUD$35 (a modest price point too given the size!)


Be wary though, as some of the brighter colours can bleed, so a lip liner is a MUST!! (I hate wearing lip liner I can never do a decent job. My latest trick is cheating and using a nude one and just colour in the outside of my lips! It still works quite well!). I wore Calypso without liner one day, and yes it bled (embarrasing!), so I haven't reached for it again (I probably should with the lip liner trick hey?). To their credit though, I have not found the formula very drying, which is a plus! (a good lip care regime is still recommended of course!)

Now for swatches!
The hard to find shades:
(L-R: Artemis, Harmonia, Calypso, Hess)
(L-R: Artemis, Harmonia, Calypso, Hess)
Artemis: A sheer-er glossy pink. This shade was in a GWP a while ago. It is not as opaque as some of the other colours in the collection.
Harmonia: A dirty coral. It is reasonably opaque and has a slight matte finish (read: it's not as glossy as Artemis). I forgot I had this and I think I'll be reaching for it over winter when brights aren't the go to like they are in summer!
Calypso: A berry pink/red. It is a deep colour but it is also quite bright too! (if that makes sense!)
Hess: A brown-y pink nude with a gold shimmer. I am actually quite suprised this is no longer part of the current range. It's a great every day colour!

The current range:
(L-R: SMP, Nymphe, Atlanta, Xenia, Aphrodite, Hara)

(L-R: SMP, Nymphe, Atlanta, Xenia, Aphrodite, Hara)
SMP: A pink based nude with gold shimmer. This is more actually a bit more brown than Hess. This is another great everyday colour.
Nymphe: A mid rosy pink. This one has a glossy type finish like Artemis.
Atlanta: A teracotta brown with a hint of orange. I am still a bit confused as to why I bought this. I think I was a bit mislead by online swatches.
Xenia: A pink toned red. If you feel red is a bit harsh for you, or you are not quite confident to pull it off, this is a good alternative!
Aphrodite: A blue-based true red. This is a nice, glamorous red! This one takes confidence!
Hara: ORANGE! Woohoo! I LOVE this one! I am a huge fan of orange lippy (and for those wondering, this is a smidgeon darker than MAC's Morange). It also has a slight matte finish.

My favourites from my collection would be Hess and Hara! (Harmonia would be closely behind!)
 

If there are any other brands/colour stories you wish to see, please let me know! This blog has the reader at heart (it's not just an outlet for my love of cosmetics!) so if there is a demand, (like there was for this post!) I'm happy to try and make things happen!

Happy shopping!
Love,
Your PM xx

No comments:

Post a Comment