Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It's Called WHAT?!

**Polished Makeup would like to advise that reader discretion is advised for this post! :D hehe**

Hello again,

Tonight's post is another little one and is something I've been noticing more and more lately... funny product names!

Hiding amongst various brands are those products that have, well, laughable names (whether it be haha funny or weird funny) or names that are just plain inappropriate.

So, here is a little list I have compiled of some products that I have come across that have given me a laugh!:
  • Nars Blushes in Orgasm and Deep Throat
    • Call me a prude (which I kinda am!), but I'm not at all keen to explain to people that comment on my blush that I am wearing an Orgasm or Deep Throat all over my face! ew.
      • I have previously compared these two blushes and you can read about it here if you are interested! :)
  • Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Sex
    • Pretty much the same deal as the Nars Blushes here! (why must you do this cosmetic companies... why?!). "Oh I have Sex on my eyes today". No thanks.
    • All of Illamasqua's eyeshadows are single words... If you were that bored you could conjure up amusing sentences (i.e. Sister Sex Fiasco, Creep Soul Inception etc)
  • OCC Lip Tar in Electric Grandma
    • Whenever I think of this colour (which is like a gold-shimmered orange), I always think of someone's dear little grandma wrapped up in light bulbs like a christmas tree... Not sure why! lol - It is a pretty awesome colour!
  • Illamasqua Lipstick in Apocalips
    • I love this one purely for the pun factor! Apocalyps... Apocalips! LOL! (I find it hilarious anyway!). I was joking about this one when the world was apparently going to end in 2012... I thought it would be an apt end-of-world purchase!
      • I have swatched Apocalips and you can read about it here!
  • OPI Polishes
    • OPI polishes have a reptuation for amusing names! (e.g. Not So Bora-Bora-ing Pink, You're a Pisa Work and Do You Lilac It?)
  • Lippy Girl Lipsticks
    • I do not own any of these, but I stumbled across them on the Lipstick Republic website and they provided me with many LOL's, due to their wildly inappropriate names! The fiance and I got a laugh out of 'Mother Pucker' (which actually looks like a pretty nice red!).
Of course, there are many other amusingly-named products out on the marketplace but these are a few I own or know about! Do you have any poorly named products in your collection?

I will post some more swatches and reviews soon... I am off to Salon Melbourne on the weekend so that will conjure up a post or two! 

Love,
Your PM xx

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/4/13

    Haha eb, i bought a soap and glory lipgloss, purely cos it was called sexy mother pucker. hilarious. (this is kellie by the way)

    ReplyDelete