Monday, May 13, 2013

DUPE TEST: MAC 'Viva Glam Nicki' vs Wet 'n' Wild 'Pinkerberry' vs Lime Crime 'Geradium'

Hello,

If you have been regularly following my blog, or you have stopped by before, you may have previously seen my Lime Crime 'Geradium' vs MAC 'Viva Glam Nicki' Dupe Test.

I promise I'm not running out of material, but I actually have a new player to compare to LC and MAC! WOOHOO! Since posting my first dupe test, I have heard word getting around that Wet 'n' Wild's Megalast Lip Colour in 'Pinkerbell' is a good dupe for VG. Lucky for me, I had it (and shame on me it was in my discard pile!) and I thought once again that I better see what the fuss is about...

If you have read my last dupe test, you will see some of the same information (luckily this ISN'T a university assignment and I can get away with cutting and pasting some of my own work! lol) BUT I will have NEW photos (yay!) and add a bit more info to help you make an informed decision!

So let's get cracking!:
Product stats:

WEIGHT
WNW: 3.3 grams
MAC: 3.0 grams
LC: 3.5 grams


PRICE
WNW: AUD$6.95 (you could possibly find it cheaper from a US based site)
MAC: AUD $36 (MAC is notorious for having product rip offs! Please don't risk it and buy from a genuine and authorised retailer!)
LC: AUD $21 (when purchased from an Australian Retailer, or US$16 from LC direct)

SMELLWNW: What smell?
MAC: YUM
LC: YUM
Wet 'n' Wild doesn't have a scent but MAC and LC are vanilla scented.

This time, WNW is miles ahead in value! Only $6.95 and you get 3.3 grams of product! Quite reasonable! A good thing to remind you of is that MAC Viva Glam products donate the whole sale price (that's all of the sale not wholesale lol) to those living with/affected by HIV/AIDS. Neat. Also worth noting, while the Wet 'n' Wild doesn't have a scent. I don't think this is such a bad thing! While the vanilla scent of LC/MAC is nice, strong scents do my head in and I won't wear the product no matter how pretty I think it is! So while it doesn't make WNW overly exciting, it's not necessarily a down side.

(L-R: WNW Pinkerbell, MAC Viva Glam Nicki and LC Geradium)

(L-R: WNW Pinkerbell, MAC Viva Glam Nicki and LC Geradium)
 As you can see, you can barely tell them apart in the tube (but of course that doesn't always tell the full story!). Swatched on the hand, you can see subtle differences amongst them. LC is definitely darker and is also a bit more red toned than the others. At this point, WNW and MAC are the closest. Usually when I do a dupe test, I colour in half my hand putting the products here, there and everywhere to make sure I can accurately and honestly report what I see. Today you get my scribbles (products are marked):


To summarise:
- LC is more red (and darker than MAC and WNW)
- WNW is more yellow than MAC but approx the same colour intensity
- MAC has more pink undertones than LC and WNW

FINAL VERDICT: NOT DUPES! (JUST...)
Some people probably would say that they are dupes but I am picky and would say they are different. Either way, they are all good substitutes for one another!

Which do you need? Well, you probably don't need them all (but if you're a collector you could buy them all and be comforted by the fact they are SLIGHTLY different! lol). Which one you choose is entirely up to you, your budget, and what colour would suit you best!
Which should you get? Value wise, WNW is the clear winner. However, LC is Vegan friendly and MAC supports charity so ultimately the decision is yours! :)

WHERE DID I BUY MINE?
WNW: www.crushcosmetics.com.au (a great site for international makeup brands!)
MAC: www.maccosmetics.com.au (I live too far away from a MAC Counter!)
LC:
www.limecrimemakeup.com (I bought mine the day it came out! lol)

Until next time,
Happy dupe spotting!
Love,
Your PM x

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous21/8/13

    is the lime crime hydrating or matte? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello!
      lime crime lippies aren't matte, but due to all their pigment, they aren't overly hydrating either.
      hope this helps :)

      Delete