Saturday, May 11, 2013

FAVOURITES: My April Picks!

Hello,

Tonight I will share with you my favourite products for the month of April! I was tagged on Instagram to show my favourite products (if you are following me @polishedmakeup then you have already had a sneak peek!) so here they are!:


My April Favourites

Illamasqua Blush in Tremble
I love Illamasqua Blushes because they are a reasonable price point (AUD$28) and you get a reasonable amount (4.5gms). They have a great colour range (including a few bold ones!) and are also very pigmented but still easily blendable. Tremble is such a versatile colour. It is pink but you can get away with wearing it with peachy colours! It's also one that you can't overdo and does blend out nicely! I love Tremble so much that it made my post on my Top 5 Illamasqua Products! This is definitely one colour I reach for a lot!

MAC Blush in Mocha
This is another colour I reach for quite a bit, especially when I want more subdued blush (because it's a bit darker than Tremble). I don't own many MAC blushes but this one I am really happy with! It's like a nude/dusty pink (it's a bit like Illamasqua's Naked Rose for those Illamasqua fans playing along out there!). It's not bright but still quite flattering. Like Tremble, this is another one I love so much that it made my Top 5 MAC post!
OCC Loose Colour Concentrate in Wasabi
OCC's Loose Colour Concentrates have quickly earnt a place in my heart for their awesome colours and awesome value! (They are only AUD$14 for 2.5gms! Yes, $14!!! Awesome!). I have a nice little collection happening (I do plan to swatch it for you!) and one of my favourites at the moment is Wasabi! I am loving the bright Chatreuse/Lime Greens at the moment! (This will probably die off a bit in winter though lol). It's very pigmented and worn with a primer/base you get a bright colour that stays put for hours!

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg
I had already given Luxembourg a review, which you can read here. I was throughly impressed with it, especially for something that's a satin finish (as matte's usually have the longer wear time!). The colour is also great! I thought it was a really deep pink, but silly me didn't realise that it was actually red until I swatched it with a bunch of other red lipsticks for a dupe test! Clever me! I highly recommend it if you are in the market for a new red/deep pink! (I had also ordered Lohdi and Yu, which have arrived! Review in the near future! I'll add it to the list...)

Lime Crime Velvetines in Suedeberry
I looooove Suedeberry. It really does have the velvet finish claimed and it STAYS PUT! I was also pleasantly suprised with Suedeberry's colour too... It's a coral! This makes me rather happy due to my fondness of corals! This is a great everyday colour too! I have already reviewed both Velvetines on my blog and you can read my thoughts on them here!

Illamasqua Lipstick in Eurydice
I am quite fond of Illamasqua lippies for their awesome colours and staying powder! They are matte and wear like a coat of armour on your lips! They barely budge! However, the downside to them is that they can feel quite drying on your lips... particularly if they aren't in the best condition! Any imperfections will show up so scrub up before wearing! Eurydice is a bright fuschia pink! This one is not for the faint of heart and really packs a punch!

OCC Lip Tar in Anime
I LOVE OCC Lip Tars because the colour is so intense and it only takes a tiny amount of colour for maximum effect! They feel light as a feather to wear too! (I do have quite a little collection and I will get around to swatching them for you soon!). The only downside (for me) is that becuase they are so light to wear I feel like I'm going to smear them all up my face! (that is mostly because I'm a clumsy pants!). Anime is a vibrant neon pink! It is so intense and amazing! However, it stays put really well when worn with Eurydice (both of these made the list because I wore them together and it was such an amazing combo!).
Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace
These are a bit on the powdery side, but for 20gms of blush for AUD$15 you really can't go wrong! The pigmentation is still really good considering! (Really good!). The Lace palette has a bright orange, a gold shimmery pink and a bright coral/red. You can (just!) see me sporting the middle one in my Anniversary Dinner FOTD! (I have swatched this on Instagram if you are interested).

Do you agree with my picks? What products are you loving at the moment?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment