Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SWATCH FEST: MAC Amplified/Amplified Creme Lipsticks

In this post I thought I would share with you my MAC Amplified Creme Collection. Amplified is my favourite MAC finish, hands down! If you ever want to invest in a MAC lippy, I do recommend trying an Amplified Creme. There are a huge range of colours (I have 12 I am swatching for you today) but they range from nude (safe) to bright (out there), so there is definitely something for every taste! The colour is intense and long lasting! Finish wise, they are satin-y-ish. Definitely not matte or glossy! They often leave a bit of a stain (which doesn't bother me but may bother you). With day-after-day wear they can suck the moisture out of your lips a little (due to all the pigments) - so prep well and balm them!

Lets get swatching!:
MAC Amplified Cremes
L-R: Violetta, Dark Side, Craving, Chatter Box, Haute Altitude, Saint Germain 
L-R: Girl About Town, Show Orchid, Full Fuschia, Impassioned, Morange, Neon Orange 
L-R: Violetta, Dark Side, Craving, Chatter Box, Haute Altitude, Saint Germain
Violetta: PRO. Bright violet with a slight blue shimmer.
Dark Side: A deep burgundy (a great choice for winter!)
Craving: A pinky plum colour (this is my favourite non-bright colour!)
Chatter Box: A mid-pink (red based)
Haute Altitude: LE. A dusty pink. It almost looks nude compared to these. (This was released with the Apres Chic collection and may be hard to come by now).
Saint Germain: A bright baby pink.

L-R: Girl About Town, Show Orchid, Full Fuchsia, Impassioned, Morange, Neon Orange
Girl About Town: A bright fuchsia.
Show Orchid: PRO. A bright fuchsia with a blue-ish iridescence. This has got serious shine!
Full Fuchsia: PRO. A bright fuchsia. This is a teensy bit more red than Girl About Town - and has a tiny bit more shimmer.
Impassioned: A red toned fuchsia. Not as deep as GAT and FF. Reminds me of Maybelline's Vivid Rose (*note to self: dupe test!*)
Morange: A bright, clean orange. (this is my all-time fave!)
Neon Orange: LE/PRO. A bright red-toned orange. (This was released with the All About Orange collection and I believe it's usually a PRO colour)

NOTE: Pro Only colours can only be purchased from MAC Pro Stores (check the MAC website for your closest Pro store).

Other colours in the range are:
- Cosmo
- Fast Play
- Brick-o-la
- Vegas Volt
- Up the Amp
- Dubonnet
- Half-n-Half
- Blankety
(You can check the MAC website for descriptions)

MAC lipsticks retail for AUD$36 for 3.0gms. You can purchase from selected MAC/David Jones counters and online from www.maccosmetics.com.au!

Which is your favourite Amplified Creme?
Love,
Your PM x

p.s. If you follow me on Instagram (@polishedmakeup), you can see some of these amplified cremes in action!

2 comments:

  1. Show Orchid is my favourite, I need more of these finishes for sure looking at this collection of yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you when I see Show Orchid :)
      It is such a great finish, I love how vibrant the colour is - even for the deeper colours!
      x

      Delete