Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DUPE TEST: Nars Orgasm vs Sleek Rose Gold

Hello again!

I'm on a bit of a blogging roll again tonight so I thought I would treat you to a second post! (don't you feel special? lol). It's another DUPE TEST! Woohoo! 

Nars Orgasm (also covered here) is Nars' best selling blush! (I wonder if the popularity is due to the name?? lol). If you've ever searched ebay for Orgasm (*refrains from making inappropriate pun*), then you may have seen its dupe test competitor: Sleek Rose Gold.
Everywhere you look, you see Sleek touted as a formidable Nars dupe... But is it really?
Admittedly, I bought the Sleek one first for this reason... but still ended up buying the Nars a few months later anyway (can you say, makeup collector? haha). So lets get to it!

Firstly, here are the important product stats:

WEIGHT
Nars: 4.8 gms
Sleek: 8 gms


PRICE
Nars: AUD$45 (I purchased mine from Mecca Cosmetica)
Sleek: AUD$12.95 (I purchased mine from crushcosmetics.com.au)

The Sleek definitely smashes it out of the park in both weight and price! Outstanding value for sure!
Now for some photos!:

Nars (left) and Sleek (right)

This photo sums up why I think this whole dupe test is a bit of a joke... They look NOTHING alike (except for a bit of gold shimmer!). I always had in my head that they were different I just never got around to swatching them to actually check! However, a discussion of Sleek on IG tonight (feel free to follow, I'm @ebdog!) made me decide to bite the bullet and finally test them! Now lets see what they look like swatched:

Nars (left) and Sleek (right)
Ok, I will have to admit I am eating a bit of humble pie right now... I can totally understand why people would call it a dupe. However, to me, a dupe is something that is COMPLETELY identical. These are not. I would be inclined to call them sisters. The Sleek blush is a darker pink and has a more prominent shimmer. Nars is paler and has less of that gold shimmer. Both are very pretty blushes! I am certainly not upset that I have both. I would be more likely to reach for the Sleek in the winter-time because it's that bit darker!

MY VERDICT: NOT DUPES!

Do you need both? If you aren't fussy, definitely not! If you do want both shades of blush, probably!
Which should you get? In terms of value, all roads point to Sleek, which is a clear winner. I would recommend the Nars over Sleek if a) you have a paler complexion, b) you don't feel confident wearing stronger blush colours, or c) if you can't deal with lots of gold shimmer.

So there you have it! I hope this was of some use for you for next time you agonise over a blush! I best finish off my humble pie and catch some z's!


Happy dupe-spotting!
Love,

Your PM x


No comments:

Post a Comment