Monday, April 15, 2013

SWATCH FEST: My Lime Crime Lipstick Collection!

Hello and Welcome! :)

Today you get a special treat... Swatches of my ENTIRE Lime Crime Lipstick Collection! (Yes that's all 18! I'm still not sure whether this is an acheivement or an embarrasment!) Let this be your go-to place for lippy swatches next time you feel like buying some of these marvellous lipsticks! (feel free to bookmark! *wink*) At the time of posting, all these lipsticks are in the current range (but if you go to buy them RIGHT now, some may be unavailable depending on which site you buy from!).

Lime Crime lipsticks have almost acheived cult status (even in little ol' Australia!) for their amazing colour range and great formula. They are also of a reasonable price point (particularly in Australia anyway where a MAC lippy costs 1.7x more!). These lipsticks are very pigmented and well wearing! (and they don't feel hugely drying like some other highly pigmented formulas can be! BONUS!) They are also Vegan friendly and NOT tested on animals (big plus!). Quick Tip: Make sure your lips are well prepped, scrubbed and moisturised before wearing! (This helps keep your lippy looking fab all day! - I've had issues when my lip condition is less-than-perfect and it's shown!)

Now for the fun part... SWATCHES! Yippee!:

(L-R): Styletto, Serpentina, Mint To Be, No She Didn't

(L-R): Styletto, Serpentina, Mint To Be, No She Didn't
Styletto: A rich, opaque black. (I always imagined this would be really good with bright eye makeup and grey blush! - If you happen to do it please send me a pic! lol)
Serpentina: A shimmering emerald green. (Great at Christmas time! lol)
Mint To Be: A pastel minty green. (Looks great on dark skin tones! I went to a dance show and I'm 99% sure one of the girls was wearing this one... It looked AMAZING! It would also look great in an ombre with Serpentina!)
No She Didn't: A pastel blue. (Sorry, I don't have much to report on this one but it is a pretty blue! lol. I have it mostly for collection purposes!)

(L-R): Coquette, New Yolk City, Cosmopop, My Beautiful Rocket
(L-R): Coquette, New Yolk City, Cosmopop, My Beautiful Rocket

Coquette: A peachy-based nude. (This has to be one of my favourite nudes. I wear it with navy/green eye makeup and I LOVE it!)
New Yolk City: A sunny yellow. (I can't really wear anything yellow based - I have a pink based skin tone and anything yellow makes me look like I have jaundice. However, I bought this for the purpose of doing an ombre lip with pink lipstick - Countessa Fluorescent is a good one to use! I have tried it and it looks great!)
Cosmopop: A pale peachy orange. (I love this colour and it looks great on so many people, but I don't think it is for me. The only time I wore it, it didn't look great and I've never worn it again. Guess I should give it another shot... It does look ok on my hand so maybe I was having an off day? I'll give it the benefit of the doubt! But, if you can't wear yellow... Proceed with caution!)
My Beautiful Rocket: A nice bright orange. (This does lean a touch yellow so another one to proceed with caution if you are like me! I can JUST get away with it!)


(L-R): Chinchilla, D'Lilac, Airborne Unicorn, Poisonberry

(L-R): Chinchilla, D'Lilac, Airborne Unicorn, Poisonberry

Chinchilla: A purple-based grey. (It does look very grey in the hand swatch, but when worn, and in the top picture, you can really see that purple undertone! It is a very unique colour and I think I'll be reaching for this more during winter!)
D'Lilac: A pale pastel purple. (This is a really pretty purple and I would highly recommend it if you are looking to branch out from the pink/red tree. It's safe, but still out there! It is not quite as blue based as it shows in the hand swatch.)
Airborn Unicorn: A mid-toned purple. (This one is a bit more out there than D'Lilac but it's still an interesting and pretty colour!)
Poisonberry: A plummy purple with a blue shimmer. (It's almost vampy without being too vampy. A great one for winter and another really interesting colour!)


(L-R): Great Pink Planet, Geradium, Countessa Fluorescent, Centrifuschia, Retrofuturist, Glamour 101

(L-R): Great Pink Planet, Geradium, Countessa Fluorescent, Centrifuschia, Retrofuturist, Glamour 101

Great Pink Planet: A pastel baby pink. (This is another "safe" one, if you want a really pretty colour but you're not feeling so adventurous! It's such a beautiful pink on!)
Geradium: A coral based pink. (This is the latest lippy to the collection. It is bright and it is beautiful! I love it! If you want to tone it down, a nude lip liner underneath takes the brightness out of it and still leaves a really pretty colour - I only recommend this becuase I have done it using Illamasqua's Hex Pencil! P.s. I have compared Geradium to MAC's Viva Glam Nicki and you can read about it here!)
Countessa Fluorescent: A bright neon pink. (Without a doubt, this is my favourite! It's bright, it's awesome, and I always receive complements when I wear it! If you are confident to wear bright colours, DEFINITELY get this one if you don't already own it!)
Centrifuschia: A bright fuschia pink. (While it is still bright, this one is a little deeper than the others. This means you are more likely to get away with it year-round. Though I'm pretty sure it doesn't really matter what time of the year you wear brights now, right?)
Retrofuturist: A bright red. (If you love nice clean reds, I highly highly recommend this one. I do not wear red lipstick alot, I'm too clumsy and end up with it everywhere, but this is without a doubt my favourite red. It's so bright and it's more blue based than yellow based meaning I can wear it! Woohoo!)
Glamour 101: A deep brick red. (The science nerd in me wants to call this "partially haemolysed blood red" haha. It is like a blood red but deeper and more luxurious! The name definitely suits it as it is a very glamorous red! It does look a bit scary in the tube but it goes on much nicer works well with the colour of your lips!)

And for the product specs...
Price:
USD$15.99 (YES! Lime Crime (www.limecrimemakeup.com) does ship internationally!)
AUD$21.00 (Can purchase from www.lipstickrepublic.com.au)

Weight:
3.5gms (very generous!)

There is definitely something in this collection to suit everyone, even if you aren't quite into bold colours! I hope this helps next time you are agonising over which colour(s) to pick! I also apologise if this post makes you part with more cash than intended! lol

Happy shopping!
Love,
Your PM xx


7 comments:

  1. Great post! I was wondering if you have found a dupe for Coquette?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I haven't yet come across a dupe for Coquette... mostly because I don't wear nudes often and I actually really like Coquette! If I come across one I will comment again and let you know!
      (limecrime sometimes have sales though so if you are keen to pick it up but are budget conscious you may be able to get it 20-30% off if you patiently wait!)
      x

      Delete
  2. LOVED this! Just expanded my LC collection with their release of Babette - I also ordered Geradium and Suedeberry (one of their Velvetines)! I own Cosmopop and it looks terrible on me too. I mix it with Centrifuschia (the color that looks best on me) and it creates this beautiful, summery pink. It reminds me of a sunset. Try it out, if you haven't already! I also love to mix Centrifuschia with Airborne Unicorn - makes for a lovely, deep magenta.

    This would bring my collection to Great Pink Planet, Centrifuschia, Cosmopop, Coquette, Glamour 101, Airborne Unicorn, Geradium, Babette, and Suedeberry. My next order will probably be Countessa Flourescent and Poisonberry (and a third item, since I usually order in 3s)!

    I loved this post. I'm looking through the rest of your blog now - so happy I stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for the mixing tip too! I will definitely try Cosmopop and CF! (I always forget I have the option of mixing! lol)

      Babette is on my wish list too! I haven't bought it yet... Debating whether to wait until it's out in Aus or buy something else with it! (Downside to owning all the lippies is significantly reduced buying choice! lol)

      Thanks again for stopping by! :)

      p.s Sorry the comment is in two goes lol I'm not winning with technology today! :P

      Delete
  3. Hello!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the post! (At this point I will go for the shameless plug and say I'm on Facebook if you are interested in updates! Search Polished Makeup Blog and you should find it! :D)

    You have a nice little collection going! Some great colours! If you like to order in threes my suggestion would be Retrofuturist! Not sure how you feel about reds but it's a really nice one!

    p.s You will LOVE Suedeberry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your shameless plug worked! :D

      I was toying with the idea of buying Retrofuturist. Everyone on everywhere says it's the idea retro red - and I'm all about that. I have so many reds, though...argh!! Decisions!

      Have you tried any of their eyeshadows? (I briefly searched your blog and saw there was no post on em) If you're looking for add something to buy with Babette, a palette might work. I haven't ordered any because I'm not a fan of the color combos - I'm more of a neutral eye, bold lip kind of gal. Also, their palettes are a little pricey for me, and I'm in the US - I can't imagine how much they would be by you. (I'm pretty much sold on Coastal Scents make-up palettes for life, though - for their quality and price.)

      I just saw your have a post on the Velvetines - OFF TO READ! High five for an awesome make-up conversation!

      Delete
    2. *high five* :D

      suprisingly, limecrime is good value in aus! to buy from an aussie retailer is only a few dollars extra! it's actually cheaper than mac! (though now that our dollar has dropped prices may go up)

      i have been giving thoughts to a palette - probably aquataenea - but i have sooooo much eyeshadow and i tend to reach for the same things every time... but maybe i should try one out!

      as for your red dilemma - i feel retrofuturist is a really good daytime red. some darker reds, to me, seem overdone at daytime! failing that, d'lilac is another great colour! (aside from those two, you are starting to end up in the more outrageous end of their colour palette! lol) there is also 'my beautiful rocket', but if you find cosmopop a bit of a flop, you may not love it! (i find it the teensiest bit yellow for my liking!)

      x

      Delete