Monday, April 8, 2013

I've FINALLY painted my nails!

So it's been a few weeks, but I finally got around to painting my nails! (I had done easter nails but they had been nakey since I peeled them off on Easter Sunday... oops!) Being that I am supposed to be blogging about nails as well as makeup I thought I'd quickly share what was on my digits (I say was, because 2 days later I only have 5 left...)

Saturday's polish of choice was ZOYA "Astra", a red and pink glitter with a slight sheer red base from their 'Ultra Glitter' collection. Zoya is not a well known brand in Australia, but they are BIG in America! I love them because a) they were one of the first companies to remove the nasties from their formula and b) they don't recycle the same colours and finishes from season to season! (*cough*OPI*cough*)

Zoya Astra
This is two generous coats, finished off with two coats of CULT NAILS "Wicked Fast", which is a fabulous top coat! (I like applying two coats, becuase I feel it dries faster!). It ended up being so shiny and sparkly, I couldn't stop looking at my fingies!

Also, please excuse my embarrassing nubs of nails... I do keep them short for work (lucky for me I do have long nail beds) but due to the beating they received at tafe last year (while studying for my cert II), they break like nobody's business! lol. Because they are so soft, polish also chips quite easily (the running joke is I look at them and they chip!) and then I end up peeling them off because I HATE the sight of chipped polish! They are also in pretty bad nick, being that I pay them nowhere near as much attention as I should! (Perhaps this should be a 'before' photo and I implement a better nail-care regime! You can tell my cuticles are in need of moisture! I should crack out the Rosebud Salve!)

I aim to blog more about polish in the coming months! If there are any comparisons you would like to see let me know and I'll see what I can do!

What have you got on your digits at the moment? Anything I should try?

Love,
Your PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment