Sunday, July 14, 2013

UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Sleek i-Divine "Original" Eyeshadow Palette

This edition of 'Under The Microscope' is on the Sleek i-Divine 'Original' Eyeshadow Palette.

Sleek is a UK brand and they have a good reputation for being cheap, but still decent quality! I have quite a respectable collection of their blushes (read: most - which I will slowly flood the blog with over the coming months!). I have also compared their Rose Gold blush in a
dupe test!

The Original i-Divine was my first Sleek eyeshadow purchase, and I chose the Original because I thought it had a good variety of colours, all of which I am likely to wear. They are a mineral based eyeshadow (still not sure on the significance of that - a quick squiz of the ingredients list shows nothing special IMO). They are vegetarian friendly but not suitable for vegans. The packaging is a simple sleek (pardon the pun... wait who am I kidding I love a good pun!) black case and has a mirror inside. Each an has 12 shadows. There is also a long handled, double-ended sponge applicator (which when you do the maths, 4 sides doesn't cover the 12 shadows!).
i-Divine Original

i-Divine Original Swatches
All of these colours are swatched WITHOUT primer! As you can see, great colour and pigmentation! (Of course, if you wear with primer you will get even more intense pigmentation!). There aren't any names associated with these colours but they are as follows: (Left to Right, Top to Bottom)
- Matte Black
- Metallic Mid Purple
- Metallic Navy with Blue Shimmer
- Metallic Mid Blue
- Metallic Aqua
- Metallic Grass Green
(next row)
- Metallic Gold
- Metallic Pink with Gold Shimmer
- Metallic Rose
- Metallic Copper
- Metallic Bronze
- Metallic Olive

Fall out of these on the face is minimal, but they can get a bit crumbly in the pan so don't go smashing your brush in there! I have given this palette a work out and I was suitably impressed! It lasted very well and the colour went on intensely. I did not use a primer, but I did cover my eyelids with foundation and set it with powder first. I found that patting them on was more effective rather than brushing!
iDivine in action!
The Sleek i-Divine's come in a whole bunch of different colours (brights, neutrals, you name it!) and can be purchased from www.lipstickrepublic.com.au for AUD$14.95 or from www.sleekmakeup.com if you are OS.

Have you used any i-Divine's? Which is your favourite?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment