Sunday, July 7, 2013

NON-REGRETTABLE IMPULSE BUY: Detangling Brush

We've all had those times, I'm sure, where we see something and are all like "oh my goodness I just, HAVE to have this!!!!!!!!". Only to find that weeks later, it hasn't been used and it was a bit of a silly idea. While this has happened to me a few more times than I care to say, I had one of those rare instances recently where it has actually paid off!

I was in my local beauty supplier recently buying other things I didn't need (it seems that EVERY time I walk in there I walk out with a pair of eyelashes at least. Those things are like a magnet!). Anyway, as I was about to pay I quickly threw in "oh do you have detangling brushes?". They are something that I've seen but felt like I've never needed, even though my hair has a habit of matting and ending up in a big dreadlock-esque mess. And I was presented with this spiky looking hairbrush. "Are they any good?" I asked. Everyone piped in with how much they loved them and they do work. I must say I was a bit skeptical as the very flexible bristles looked no match for the big knot that was sitting at the back of my head! It was a semi-reasonable price of about $13 (while this is a trade price, it was certainly a tad more reasonable than other places had them advertised). Anyway, long-ish story short I caved and bought it!



It really just looks like a hair brush but it has a ton of different sized (long and short) flexible bristles. Their purpose is to gently detangle your hair and remove knots without causing hair breakage or excessive pulling on the scalp! And (as you can probably already gather from the title of this post) I'm impressed! It definitely reduces the amount of pulling on your scalp which I really like. A detangling brush is definitely worth the investment if your hair often tends to get knotty.

Of course, prices and styles range depending on brand and you can also get some which cater for different hair types (fine, thick etc). I would like to assume that all of them work the same, but they probably don't! Make sure you choose one that is comfortable to use and suited to your hair type!

I have seen detangling brushes for purchase from beauty suppliers, Priceline (in Australia), as well as chemists and department stores.

Do you use a detangling brush? What are your thoughts?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment