Tuesday, July 30, 2013

UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Bite Beauty Pastille Lipstick in Violet

Good evening! (or day - depending on when you read this!)

In this post I will be sharing my thoughts on the new Bite Beauty Pastille Lipsticks. These have been out in the US for a while but they have just started to surface here!

Bite Beauty pride themselves on producing 'food grade' cosmetics. This means they are safe to eat! (No parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances/dyes, petrochemicals or phthalates! YAY!). They also contain Reservatrol to fight free radicals (this is good!).

I managed to get my hands on Violet and Lilac (I found these colours the most appealing of the bunch - I love brights!).





Bite Beauty Pastille in Violet
This line is inspired by the French Pastille lollies. They are described as a 'Matte Creme' with a velvet finish. Bit of a contradiction because matte and velvet (in my opinion) are different finishes. When I think matte I think Illamasqua and MAC - no shine at all. Velvet is definitely more applicable. The colour is very intense like a matte lipstick, but it has a satin/velvet like shine. It's by no means glossy though!


Violet Pastille in action! (don't mind me looking half asleep!)
I am totally in love with this colour! It is so amazing and bright! (I did not expect it to be so bright actually!). I wanted to keep looking at myself to admire the colour! (is that vain? lol). It is super comfortable to wear too! Not drying at all! (This is fantastic, as most highly pigmented colours tend to suck the moisture out of your lips!). It's a great option if you are still after a bright colour but your lips are a bit under the weather! I did wear this with a lip liner (MAC's Heroine) because I wasn't in the mood for running lips! (Though from wear I tend to believe that it wouldn't be too bad!)


The packaging is simple - grey with a grippy outer. I quite like them because I don't feel like they are going to go flying out of my hands! They do have a fragrance, it's kind of a fruity type - it's a unique compared to any lipstick I've come across. If it was any stronger I would probably struggle to like it.


These are apparently limited edition (so if you are after any, get your hands on them while you can!). 
In Australia, at this stage you can get them from www.stylepatisserie.com. They will set you back AUD$36.95 for 3.7gms of product (reasonable value!).

This colour gets a big amazing thumbs up from me! (I haven't tried the Lilac yet but if it's half as good as this one it will still be awesome!). The other two colours available are: Lavender (sheer lavender) and Rosebud (pink/red).

Have you tried these? Or any other Bite Beauty products? What are your faves?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment