Thursday, May 23, 2013

NOTM: Bling-Tastic!

Well, not the rhinestone-sparkly bling-tastic you were probably expecting... More the bling that Kayne West and Jamie Foxx would be singing about... haha.

Anyway,
This is a quick-ish little post to share my current polished pollex's with you! Both of these polishes I had purchased a while ago and I had been yet to wear them (until now!)... The chosen ones are..:
L: Zoya Gilty 18K Top Coat and R: OPI DS Mystery
I think I'm a bit behind for the 18K top coat trend... It was all the rage about 6-8 months ago and you don't see much of it at the moment (probably becuase textured polish is the new thing!). I had also purchased DS Mystery at last years Salon Melbourne (for some reason I thought it was brown but looking at it again it's definitely purple! oops!). I thought it was time to give both of them a go!

The Finished Product!
As you can see, the 18K Top Coat looks very effective over the dark base. DS Mystery is a polish from the OPI Designer Series Range, designed to be more sparkly and special than standard OPI polishes! It is a darkened purple with a gold fleck. The gold fleck is much more visible in the bottle than on the nail (but that's ok!). I chose DS Mystery becuase of that gold fleck, I thought it would complement the 18K Top Coat nicely (and I think it does)! It looks really pretty in real life! The 18K Top Coat can be a little fiddly to get on (for me, it wanted to keep hiding in the bottle!) but you can make it work. This NOTM has two coats of OPI and two coats of Zoya. I also used Cult Nails' 'Get It On' base coat (1 coat) and 'Wicked Fast' top coat (2 coats).

You can purchase Zoya in Australia from Art of Beauty (www.zoya.com.au) and OPI from Myer and David Jones and other Authorised Stockists such as www.adorebeauty.com.au! (be very careful where you buy your OPI from, as like MAC they are notorious for rip-offs!). If you can't get your hands on the Zoya 18K top coat, OPI do one as well.

Happy polishing!
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment