Sunday, June 16, 2013

DUPE TEST: Stila Tangerine Dream vs MAC Morange

Hello,

If you have read my last blog post you would know this one is coming!  I have reviewed the Stila After Glow Lip Colours (you can read my thoughts on them here). While I was swatching I came up with a suitable (and quick) dupe test to share with you! *drum roll...*

Stila After Glow Lip Colour in Tangerine Dream vs MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Morange

If you have at all read my blog before (or know me), then you would likely know of my love for Morange. It would have to be my all-time favourite lipstick and the colour is awesome! No disgusting yellow undertones here! Woohoo! I am always hunting down orange lippies for the next best thing (yes you can still get Morange but it's just an impulse of mine to look! haha). Inadvertently, I had purchased Tangerine Dream because it seemed nice and bright and glows under UV (lets face it if Morange was blacklight reactive I'd be set for the rest of my life! haha).

Anyway, let's get cracking!:
Tangerine Dream (Left) vs. Morange (Right)
Before I swatched them I thought they were close, but they really aren't as close as I thought. Morange is infinitely times brighter (and looks so bright next to Tangerine Dream even though it's not well conveyed in the photo) and more opaque too. Tangerine Dream has a redder undertone, which is definitely visible in the picture (but don't let it fool you, it's not red!). Apologies too for the staining from the other Stila colours! (My hands hold onto EVERYTHING!).

Size & Price:
Stila: 2.9 grams of product for AUD$25
MAC: 3.0 grams for AUD$36

Availability:
Stila: Mecca Cosmetica (in Store and Online)
MAC: Select Myer/David Jones Stores and Online

VERDICT: Definitely not dupes! Stila though is a good alternative if you a) don't want to fork out for the MAC or b) you want something a bit sheerer that still delivers a good pop of colour.

Have you got any dupe test suggestions? I would love to hear them!
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment