Monday, June 10, 2013

What I've Been Up To...

Hello,

It has been a while since my last blog post. Sorry if you have been hanging on the edge of your seat for a new one (just be glad you weren't holding your breath! lol). Anyway, I haven't lost my enthusiasm for blogging (I have still been thinking about plenty of posts, looks and comparisons!) but I have just been caught up in non-interwebz events so my time to get posts done has been at a premium. Luckily, my activities are makeup related so I can share them with you! (I could probably share non-makeup related ones with you too but you may find those not as interesting!).

For the past month or so I have been on the makeup team helping out with my local theatre's production of "Hairspray". This was super exciting for me as I love playing with makeup, I love to learn and what better way to do that than help out in the theatre?! YAY. My makeup knowledge is quite small, and theatre even smaller, but I was lucky because the looks I had to do were glamour related (fancy every-day makeup basically) so I didn't feel too out of my comfort zone! I felt I could also push my personal makeup a little bit, because I was backstage at the theatre (not really in public) and around a bunch of creative people who would probably appreciate it anyway! Because the makeup was for stage, it had to be a bit brighter here and a bit bigger there (so I'm probably going to overdo all my makeup now! haha). My biggest challenges were time constraints (lots of people to do and only a short amount of time to get them all done) and eyeliner (yes, eyeliner!). Eyeliner was a bit of a challenge as it's something I usually tend to avoid on me, let alone trying to get it on other people. Repetition paid off though and by the end of it I feel a lot more confident putting on eyeliner and sticking on eyelashes. Awesome!

All in all, my first help-out in theatre was a success! I have definitely learnt alot of handy tips, had lots of practise and met some awesome people too! It was also a really proud moment to see every one's efforts pay off on the big stage (I got to watch one night and it was FANTASTIC!). I even won the raffle at the cast & crew party so I have a flag to mark the occasion! WOOHOO!

I even did my own little "Hairspray" inspired makeup look one night:

Eyes Closed
Eyes Open

Sorry the photo is the world's worst (thank you yellow-toned and dim theatre lighting! lol).
I used the following products:

FACE
  • Illamasqua Matte Primer
  • Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation in #6
  • Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder in N2
BLUSH
  • MAC Blush in Hot Nights
EYES
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe (Crease)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Aquadisiac (Lid)
  • Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Mosaic Gold (Highlight)
  • Napoleon Perdis Mesmer-Eyes Mascara
  • Napoleon Perdis China Doll Gel Liner in Equinox
  • Eyebrows: Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake in Gaze
  • Lashes: Lash Republic's 'The Hunter' (I think that's what they were...)
LIPS
  • MAC Lipstick in Feel My Pulse
Feel My Pulse lipstick and Hot Nights blush are part of MAC's new Temperature Rising collection, which was released here in Aus on the 3rd of June. If you are quick, you might still be able to get your hands on these items... When I looked at the website last night they were still available! :)

I hope you haven't missed me too much and I have more posts to come soon!
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment