Tuesday, August 13, 2013

SWATCH FEST: Lime Crime 'Aquataenia' Palette

Good morning/afternoon/evening! (Please choose the applicable one for the time of day in your neck of the woods! lol)

As requested by some, I will be swatching my Lime Crime eyeshadow palettes (I now have them all which means yay for you and not yay for my hip pocket! lol). First cab of the rank is the Aquataenia palette!

I have only just recently started collecting the Lime Crime eyeshadow palettes (mostly because I have all their lipsticks and I am running out of products to buy!). I picked up the Aquataenia palette when I purchased Babette (because I'm not paying $12-odd dollars shipping for one lipstick... defeats the purpose!). I have always admired the palettes but thought that perhaps the colours were not entirely practical. Now that I am a bit more adventurous with colour (or that my inner collector has won... not sure), I think they are super cool! I will also post some looks that I've done using the palettes so that if they aren't something you'd normally go for you can see how they could be used!

Lime Crime's Aquataenia Palette

L-R: Nautilus Prime, Coral of the Story, Seahorse Discourse, Pearl-ple,  Atlanteal
Nautilus Prime: A deep (but vibrant) Royal Blue
Coral of the Story: A nice mid coral. This would also be a suitable blush.
Seahorse Discourse: A bright yellow based lime-green.
Pearl-ple: A mid lilac purple, it does not lean overly pink or blue based.
Atlanteal: A pale teal. Leans a bit more green in real life. 

I looooove the names. I am a sucker for a good pun! Nautilus Prime in particular gives me a good giggle! These are super pigmented and have a metallic shimmer/touch of sparkle. Though, do take care with the paler ones (i.e. Atlanteal) as they can kind of get lost against the darker colours (going back over it during application is key here - a primer also helps with this).

If you have read my Babette review, then you would have seen the look I did using Babette and the Aquataenia palette on my eyes (I will post it again for a bit of overkill  and because I was super happy with how it turned out! lol)
Aquataenia palette in action!
For this look I've used the blues and greens (Nautilus Prime, Atlanteal and Seahorse Discourse). I have also used Mercurious from the D'Antionette palette on the inner corner (swatches to come!).

The Aquataenia palette will set you back AUD$36 for 5 x 1.5gms pans of eyeshadow. (Pretty good value when you think that a MAC eyeshadow is AUD$33 for 1.5gms!)

This palette gets a big thumbs up from me!

Have you used the Aquataenia palette? Thoughts?
Love,
Your PM x

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love these! And i know I'm one of those people who suggested them, so oops!
    I want a LC palette so bad, but I have no clue which one to go for. Although these colors, while bold, are so beautiful, I feel that wearing just one with a bit of eyeliner and a soft lip color would be lovely.

    So you bought all of the palettes? I eagerly await the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's ok :) i appreciate the suggestion and swatches of the rest will be going up over the coming weeks!
      and yes, even though they are bright they aren't really that scary! i should do some toned-down looks with them if i get around it... haha (read: i struggle with plain makeup! lol)

      Delete