Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DUPE TEST: MAC Impassioned vs Maybelline Vivid Rose

Hello,

If you are a regular (or semi-regular) follower of the blog, you would have seen that I've posted swatches of my MAC Amplified Creme collection and in that post I thought of a good dupe test: MAC Impassioned vs Maybelline Vivid Rose!

MAC Impassioned (Left) and Maybelline Vivid Rose (Right)

MAC Impassioned (Left) and Maybelline Vivid Rose (Right)
The verdict: Not as close as I was expecting! 

While they are both pink-y, Impassioned is more red and a bit deeper in colour. Don't get me wrong, it's still vibrant, but nowhere near as vibrant as Vivid Rose (the camera doesn't show the brightness but it's seriously amazing!). I was honestly expecting these to be closer, as when I swatched the Maybelline Vivids, Vivid Rose had that real red streak! That being said, if you are makeup minimalist (which I am not), then you probably don't need both! I love Impassioned, but I also love Vivid Rose - I keep swooning over the colour and I really need to hurry up and wear it.

Are there any other dupe tests you would like to see on the blog? Let me know!
Love,
Your PM x

p.s. The PM is on facebook! www.facebook.com/PolishedMakeupBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment