Sunday, September 1, 2013

POLISH FOR YOUR POLLEX: OPI Alcatraz... Rocks! (Review & Swatches)

Hello,

As the point of Polished Makeup was to bring you makeup AND polish, it's about time I actually blogged about some polish! I have picked up some fairly new OPI's of late, so they will make their way onto the blog in the coming weeks! 

I have been loving the textured polishes over the last little while (namely Zoya's Pixie Dust and OPI's Liquid Sand). At first I was not that enthused, but after actually trying some I was a changed woman - they are pretty awesome!

This post is on 'Alcatraz.. Rocks!' one of the Liquid Sand polishes from OPI's new San Fransisco release. It dries to a matte finish so you simply apply a base coat and two coats and away you go! (They are relatively quick drying too). You can use a top coat with these, but it does ruin the textured finish (they can look quite nice though from swatches I've seen getting around the internet!). If you follow me on instagram (@polishedmakeup) you would know that this pic has been pilfered from my account... I'm all about efficiency ;) haha.


The best way to describe Alcatraz... Rocks! is a navy/denim blue with purple and gold glitter, but there is also flecks of blue and green glitter. It's so glittery that my phone struggled to focus! It is a seriously interesting colour! The only thing I don't like, is that it's been released coming into the Australian Spring/Summer (because it's fall in the States), so it's not likely to get heaps of wear over the next few months! 

It's definitely a two-coat polish. It can look very patchy after one, but evens up perfectly with a second coat. I used OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat as my base coat. I got quite a few days wear before they started chipping - about 3-4 (which is good for me as my nails are pretty weak!). I find the textured polishes wear a lot better on me.

OPI retails in Australia for $19.95 and you can purchase them from selected David Jones and Myer Stores, as well as Salon Stockists.

Have you tried any liquid sand polishes? What are your thoughts?
Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment