Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Favourite Nars Blush (and a comparison...)

Why hello there!

Tonights post will be about my favourite Nars blush - Deep Throat. Nars blushes as a whole would have to be among my favourite. Good colour spectrum, good pigmentation and they stay on! (I think I would easily get 6+ hours of wear from pretty much all of my blushes! I pick well! haha). For those unaware, Nars' best selling blush is one called Orgasm. (Seriously, why the names? I am not really keen on explaining to people that I have Deep Throat and/or Orgasm on my cheeks! lol).

Anyway, to the "review"!

I would describe Deep Throat as a "dusty pink with a hint of coral and a slight gold shimmer". The Mecca Cosmetica website describes it as "peach with shimmer". Mecca's description is a bit more to the point! It's definitely a pink based blush but there is that bit of orangy/peach/coral thing in there!


Nars Deep Throat (With Flash)
(I will apologise now for the average picture quality... While this is still in it's teething/is-it-going-to-be-popular stage, I'm not going to go forking out for new equipment... so handheld camera and phone it is!)

 Nars Deep Throat (No Flash)
I felt compelled to compare it to Orgasm as it's the most popular (and DT is my fave). Mecca describes Orgasm as "peachy pink with shimmer". So the difference between the two is "pink"! lol. There is definitely more pink in Orgasm (almost a reddy-undertoned pink) and the shimmer is MUCH more noticable in the pan. Both shimmers in the two blushes are gold undertones. 

Nars Deep Throat (Left) and Orgasm (Right)

Nars Deep Throat (Left) and Orgasm (Right)
Though lighter in the pan, DT (I'm abbreviating now... much quicker!) does come up a bit darker when swatched on my hand. Orgasm is definitely more pink on the hand, it is quite pretty actually, and the gold shimmer is extra noticable (though apparently not as noticable in this pic! might be time for a light box...) So if you are in a sparkly mood, Orgasm is a good choice. DT has a sheen, but I am not sure shimmer is the right description, especially when compared to Orgasm! They are both really pretty in their own way. I am a real coral/peach lover so I am always drawn to DT and colours like it! This is why DT gets a big thumbs up as my fave. I like that depending on what the rest of your face has got going on, it can lean that bit pink or that bit coral.

You can buy Nars blush in Australia from Mecca Cosmetica (www.meccacosmetica.com.au) - they also have physical stores too :)

Thankyou for reading and I will be sure to post some more of my blush collection in the future! (Well, it's pretty much guaranteed because I LOVE blush! haha). Two reported, only 412387 to go! haha (Probably not an understatement there!)

Please also bear with me while I get used to the whole blogging settings and set up! I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants at the moment! lol (And for those readers that don't know me that well... I do like to have a bit of a laugh and I will put my sense of humor in these posts! It's gotta be fun hey?!)

Till next time...
Ebony
xx

(Yes I need to work on a good sign off too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment